Caramel Apples! So I thought that I should try my hand at these fall favorites. I made the caramel from scratch.
Upon cooling I realized that I cooked the caramel for too long... after it cooled it became rock hard. They are really pretty, but somewhat disappointing. If you have a jaw of steel you may still enjoy them!
Another great fallism - Festivals!
At home in Hope, Indiana we have a great little weekend festival called Heritage Days. Don't ask me what the point was; I couldn't really tell you. Man did I love that weekend. Vendors with food, games, a parade! What more could a kid ask for? All of the clubs that you are in in high school do booths and sell things. I spent many a Heritage Day selling fried pies and painting kids faces to raise money for my clubs.
Thomas' cousin's family went to Lindon Days and had a great time, so why not recreate that fall festival atmosphere at home? That's just what they did. Cam and Amy and their 5 kids, along with Thomas, Macey, and I planned and participated in Robinson Days (their last name...)
Hand painted gourd craft.
Sailing boats they made.
Fire starting Extravaganza! So Cam and Kayden loaded boats with fireworks and set them alight in the "moat" to bring down the castle!
The boats succeeded in the end!
We roasted hot dogs in the rubble of the castle!
What a great idea... a festival in your own back yard. File that away for when you have 5 kids who would love every minute of it!
1 comment:
Um, YUM!! Those caramel apples look to die for. Thomas is sure lucky to have you as his homemaker!! You gotta add us as your "Utah" friend bloggers even though we are in CA. I am going to check your blog a lot so you better keep it goin!! :)
Post a Comment