Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Gogg"

I'm convinced Macey is possessed by a little devil or ill; I can't decide. Her actions say devil because she doesn't have any physical ailments to speak of. We had a rough 5 days without dad, but I thought things would improve when he got home... not yet my friends, not yet.

I feel like the mom of a teenager! She acts like everything I do is super annoying! She tells me to "stop it" all of the time, "don't come in my apartment" meaning her room is a close second, not to be forgotten is "no". Do you give 2 year olds time out for saying things? It doesn't seem to work. Timeouts work for her when she gets on the table or throws something, physical things...

Here is the kicker. She says this word - "gogg" when she is mad. It's like her own little version of a cuss word! What is that? She's 2! I'm starting to feel like I need to be on the Dr. Phil show.

Any good books out there about feisty 2 year olds? I've read lots but they seem to be about babies and 5 year olds. Where is the toddler section? Don't worry the next post will be more happy, but today, I need a vacation from shorty which she would love too I'm sure.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh I wish I was there. She could come to my house for a day.

Rob and Marseille said...

love & logic

Michelle said...

take the vacation. Even if it's for a couple of hours. Speaking from the exact same position as you, I can tell you that a couple of hours apart will do you both a world of good!

Unknown said...

today i just picked up "what to expect the Toddler years (2yrs.-3yrs.)" today from DI. Hank has been a little fiesty lately too. Maybe it's in the air. I'll let you know if I read anything helpful! Oh, and I caught Hank saying "Holy Crap!" (he got it from DAVE!!!) I said DON'T SAY THAT! and told him instead he can say Jimminy Cricket or Leapin Lizards. He has made the change and corrects Dave now when he says the "wrong" word! It's pretty funny!

Cecily said...

Gosh, Summer is 2 going on 20. I'm pretty sure she thinks we're teh same age.

I'm starting to wonder, though, if it's me choosing to get offended at the things she says. I mean, Summer is 2... and while I can understand that she might want to push my buttons to see what happens, do I seriously think she's trying to be offensive by the things she says, or is she just trying to express herself the same way she sees me express myself??

Needless to say, it's all given me lots to think about... most of which makes me feel guilty... which doesn't help anything.

By the way, I love reading your blog. If you find any magical tactic to get around snotty 2-year-olds who think they're 17, please let me know!

Ann H said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, he.... It's so funny when it's not my child.

Gogg? That kills me! How creative of her!

My kids were much worse at 3 than at 2, so I guess I can't really relate, but my sister loved the book, "Making the Terrible Twos Terrific" by John Rosemond. She says it really helped her out.