Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Handcrafted Hippos!

My amazing friend Rivka is going to have a baby girl this spring.  They have lots of moving about in their future so I wanted to give her a baby gift that she wouldn't mind backing around.  
Here was the inspiration:
A few hours later I had made the blue and orange one!
This is the one I sent to Rivka.  Not perfect but pretty cute for making them up!  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO cute!! =)

Amber said...

That is so adorable! I can't believe you just made these without a pattern!

Will you make me one when I have a baby? Not that it's going to be anytime soon....so you have plenty of time to practice!

Brandy and Marv said...

How do you just pull that out of nowhere????? Those are so adorable!You should make a pattern and post it- I am going to learn how to sew- I found a cute website that you buy the patterns for like $3-6 bucks but they have the cutes baby shoes and lady handbags and stuff- it is www.ithinksew.com I bet you could so bust those out too......

Judy said...

I am so impressed! Those are adorable!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Hey this is Heidi from your old ward...I don't know if you realize that I have been reading your blog. But these hippos are so cute! Where did you get the pattern?? I must know.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Wow!! Way to get crafty! These are so cute, I want to make one.

Chace and Rivka said...

Luckiest little baby gal ever to have such a nice and crafty godmama. She thanks you from the bottom of her little tiny heart. You're amazing. Thank you so much.