Saturday, February 6, 2010
Mother Moment
We were driving home from the grocery store this morning. I am stopped at a red light when Macey says to me. "I got sumpbing in my nose." I told her I would get her a tissue when we got home and asked her to wait to get it out. She then said, "Not da booggies, I got beads in my nose. Can you get dem out?" I got a little nervous and a trip to the emergency room flashes through my head in that half a second. I turn around and there are two chickpea sized beads, one in each nostril. She starts to get nervous too. So I reach my buckled in self around and try to get the beads out. By this time the light is no longer red... I don't want to get them stuck so I am careful and eventually get the beads out. The people behind me didn't appreciate my failure to go! On the rest of the way home we talked about why we can't put things up our noses. Crisis Averted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should tell her they don't go in her ears either. One of our nieces put pieces of paper in her ears. She had been doing it for weeks before the doctor discovered it. It hurt just bad enough getting it out though that she didn't ever do it again.
Post a Comment