I have some serious jet lag and fell into some kind of weird sleep/comma for 2 1/2 hours this morning on the couch. I heard the kids on and off and just could not move! I finally got up and a lot of time had passed! Good thing no one was dead. I found a whole package of crackers smooshed all over the house, Henry in the bottom of the shower playing and Macey in my bed reading. Now I have to stay awake the rest of the day so I can sleep tonight!
Thomas still has the camera, so expect a lot of post about Australia, they are the only pictures I have at the moment :)
Getting there and Day 1, Sydney:
My mom is wonderful! She flew in Friday to babysit, so I had a whole day to tell her the details of the kids schedule and stuff (because the 4 page report I typed up probably wasn't enough...). It was also fun to see her! So Friday was fun, Saturday we felt in the afternoon flew to LA and then had the 15 1/2 hour flight to Sydney! It was pretty fun... they bring you lots of food, you have your own TV screen with over 300 movies, shows, games, ect. to pick from. I had a good time on the plan.
We got into Sydney at 8:30am Monday morning... Sunday just disappeared. We got a cab to our hotel and checked in. Thomas had to work a few hours and then we went on a bus tour of the city and suburbs. It was a great idea for day 1. We got a good layout of the city, saw lots, but didn't have to walk tons. We went to Manly beach and it was beautiful!
There were lots of people surfing too. There ways are huge!
After the tour we ate dinner and I went to bed at 7:30pm :) A great first day. More to come later!
3 comments:
It's sooo good to have you home. Good job on the death nap and having your kids survive. It truly shows you are a wonderful mom. I am looking forward to more pics.
I'm SO jealous! It sounds like such an awesome trip. Glad you had fun!
Call me!
Post a Comment