Richfield and Provo are very different places. We were well established and had lots of friends in Provo... after living there for almost 7 years that was bound to happen!
When I wasn't going to aerobics, play dates, girls night out, or church things, there was still a bunch to do. I'll be honest, we had a packed social calendar (just the way I like it).
Macey had a million kids her age to play with and I always had a bestie to chat with.
Richfield isn't the same yet. We don't know anyone.
I think the kids are liking lot and lots of one on one mommy time. I don't think I've ever played so much with my kids. It's a lot of fun and I'm sure it's good for them before the baby gets here.
Anywho, we do get out of the house or I'd be a crazy person.
Richfield has an awesome indoor pool, and I'm told in the summer the roof opens up to let the warm and sun in! It was only $1 for Thomas and I each and the kids were free!
I'm pretty organized about kids clothes. I had all of Macey's clothes sorted by size and season. They were in boxes in her room waiting to be put away. Well, she found them and made a giant "nest" from all of the mess. She loved looking through the clothes, finding new to her and forgotten things! She played in the nest for days until I could no longer stand the mess.
Henry likes Richfield because everyone and their mom drives a huge loud truck. He thinks it's his dad's truck all day long though because Thomas used to be the only one with a loud truck. He LOVED when the internet people came and had install a wire on the telephone pole. He's such a boy...
Macey and her dad dyed eggs Sunday while I made dinner and Henry slept. They had a lot of fun. Macey carried the boiled eggs around in her basket for days. I could not for the life of me convince her to put them in the fridge... eggs are cheap right? So 5 days after the dying, Henry found and ate one of the eggs! EEWW! So I convinced her we would dye more if she let me throw them all away. Don't worry, he didn't get sick.
We are excited to make some friends and have a playdate, but until then... we'll keep busy as bees here!
3 comments:
Your place looks darling! I love that huge window in the front. I am always amazed at how organized you are and how quickly you got your home in shape...especially with being pregnant:) You are amazing and the good people of Richfield are lucky to have you!!
Oh moving & the adjustments!!! That is the worst. Lu jolting are the most amazing mom ever & creatively looking for good ways to fill your time. The neighborhood looks cute!
when the weather is nice, go to the park. I have to get you in contact w/Ashley Demille. She is very crafty, has 3 young kids & you would get along great!
Post a Comment