Monday, June 27, 2011

A little trip to "Zion"

We made a trip up to Provo this past weekend.  We had a delightful dinner with our dearest friends the O'Dells.  If you ask John where he is from he'll tell you "Zion" aka Provo and I have a hard time disagreeing! Oh how we miss that town!
I've known John and Ranelle longer than I've known Thomas!  I met them while they were serving a mission in Indiana while I was attending Ball State University.  They came home to Provo and I came out to BYU.  They haven't been able to get rid of me...
We consider them adopted grandparents for our kids.

 We stayed the night with the Andersen's.  It's so fun to have kids all the same age... they were super funny together.  Macey and Moriah.
 Kira and Kimball
 Fiona and Henry (the strawberry monsters!)
 Then - the reason for going to Provo!  My amazing cousin Courtney went through the temple for the first time and received her Endowment.  I was honored to be her escort.  It was a cozy little group and we enjoyed the day together so much!  She's getting ready to be married on July 16 to Todd, whom we love love love!  We couldn't be more excited for them.
 Who on earth do you leave your 1 month old with while you are gone for hours at the temple???  Only a most trusted friend!  I left all of the kids with Thomas' cousin Amy and her clan.  We love and miss them so much.  Amy said her old kids did lots of the "watching".  They also have a huge yard, chickens, and baby bunnies to do some entertaining!

Thanks for the babysitting Robinson's!  We owe you one (or lots...)  Love you!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad we got to see you -- and baby Kimball -- for 2 seconds. :) Thanks for taking the time to say hi. :)

Summer P. said...

Oh I remember the O'Dells! They are sweet people and made yummy homemade bread. Your family is too cute.

Rob and Marseille said...

that picture of Henry w/the bunny is soo cute!!