We LOVE our place! I feel like we are camping in a house, but I love it. I still have no washer and dryer and no internet, but we are happy as clams! It just feels like home. Owning is SO much better than renting.
We should be done with the majority of the demolition stage this week! Thomas has single handedly filled a 40 cubic yard dumpster! He's built new stairs, the flooring is gone, and we've started taking out studs we don't want. He's amazing and has the muscles to prove it!
We spent a fortune at the Home Depot this week. We committed to almost everything we need and put it on one big order. I bought cabinets, counter tops, flooring, bathroom stuff, new windows, new doors, new shingles to redo the the roof, and so much more! I felt like I was on some kind of shopping spree, then the bill came :) Here's a little hint as to what the new kitchen will hold - 5 foot island to come!! The people at Home Depto were so good to use!
I've been working like a mad woman on the yard. I've trimmed a mountain of branches and bought some end of the season perennials to put in. It's starting to look less like a jungle and more like a yard. Some crazy woman also came by and asked what I was doing with my
And other good news - we LOVE Monroe. The ward is so nice, the neighbors are so kind, and we are happy here. I even met a mom who is doing a "mom preschool" where all the kids rotate houses and moms take turns teaching. I met her on Sunday and Macey stated preschool on Wednesday! She's so excited and this is the type of preschool I really wanted to do. She now goes M and W for 2 hours. I get my turn to teach in October and my theme is pumpkins! How fun is that.
I buzzed Henry's hair last night. Thomas is the only one who's ever cut the boys hair. He just does it when he does his own. He's been so busy though that I decided to do it. I did it WAY shorter than he normally does ( I just picked a middle length... he said he does the longest!) it's way cute though. Henry cried for Macey the whole way home after we dropped her off for pre-school. He kept saying "Macey, home. Macey, come." It was very sweet.
Kimball is huge! He's such a cute little man. He started rolling over 2 weeks and has kept is up! He likes to sleep on his tummy and now rolls to get there. He has also started napping a little better and laughing. I love this stage. He's happy when he's awake and still sleeps a lot.
Pictures to come!
4 comments:
You are amazing. I decided that if Matt and I lived near to you still, we'd be besties. Good work on the house. Owning is way better than renting!! I love your little ones, and Nathalie is having a hard time with Emily's preschool as well!!
Seriously, you guys are incredible. When I grow up I want to be like you. Or at least live near you to reap the benefits of your superhuman powers.
Wow! Sounds like we need to chat soon! SO SO glad to hear you like Monroe and are making friends AND get to teach about PUMPKINS! Right up your alley, girl! Much love.
Melissa, Wow! What an adventure you guys are undertaking. I can't wait to see the after shots... you really are my hero! And I didn't know you had a new baby. He is cute. I love that you are all happy and feel like you are at home. Hope to visit you there one day!
Post a Comment