Sunday, June 24, 2012

Catching Up

After girls camp this week I have taken a lot of time to figure out what is important and where I want to spend my time. I have felt so dedicated and consumed by remodeling our house, fancy blogging, and just being a mom; camp was just what I needed. It was a wonderful week of thinking about life and where I want it to go. I loved the chance to take a break from the daily grind and to have opportunities to feel the spirit and grow spiritually. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you are doing things right and that the Lord is happy with you. That it what I felt this week, peace.

I do want to spend a little more time on our family blog. I've written very constantly for years and it dropped off the last few months. I won't let that happen again... this part of life is worth documenting more than the food and chickens :) 

Speaking of fancy blogging... where should I go with it? You all are my friends and I'd love the help. I like the recipes. I feel like I am a food blogger when you get down to it, but they are my least commented on and are starting to feel like the least fun posts. I've been thinking about doing more mom/wife/parenting posts, but I'm never sure what you all like. So let's here it, what are your favorites post and least favorite? 

I just passed the 100,000 page view mark at the beginning of the month and received my first payment of $1.66 too :) Thanks so much for reading it. You friends are why I do it!

Here is a massive "get caught up" post for you:

The babies at the park. Aren't the improved pictures wonderful?








This HUGE building is for sale in town for only $60,000. Thomas wants to buy it and his wife does not.

My baby is getting more and more out of the baby-stage and it makes my heart a little sad.






Terry and Lucy celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago and we drove down to participated in a surprise party for them.

Henry fell asleep on the way down, under his blankie:



We did a favorite-things type party! We made tin foil dinner down in the barracks and all of their kids came to celebrate without them knowing. It was so much fun to surprise Lucy.

After dinner we had family skits which were hilarious! The Steven's did the three little bears:

Tera and her clan did a portrayal of Griffiths family vacations from their childhood. Hilarious!

What a good lookin' family! Here's to lots more years together!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I love your mom/parenting/wife posts...but I also love that you cover such a variety of topics on your blog (food included!). I say do whatever you enjoy the most so that it stays fun for you! :)

Lindsey H said...

I have to agree that your baby is growing up because I seriously do double takes to see which boy is which in the pictures. :) I love your food posts but maybe comments are fewer because if people are like me, I bookmark those posts/pin them, and then down the road I use it but it's too far gone to go back and comment. I also love the variety so keep up the great work, as long as it's worth it to you.

Sarah said...

I'm with Lindsey -- I had to double check to make sure he wasn't Henry! I can't believe how big they're all getting... And I love your page... I love the food ones, because I'm always on the hunt for new recipes, but I also love the other ones... Especially about your house renovation. I know eventually you'll run out of those to share, but I like the process of projects and it's fun to watch you and get ideas.

Heather said...

I as well thought Kimball was Henry but not due to camera issues because all the pictures where beautiful. I am very curious about the cream biscuits. I think I'll try them tomorrow. I really love any type of remodeling things, craftiness, this is where my heart is. Also, I was at DI and they had a a hutch, way way ugly and it was 200 bucks. So happy you got your pretty one and made it perfect. Also, I am excited to hear about girls camp. When can Emma and I come down?

Tara said...

I especially love your posts about your home renovation, and other projects - like the chicken coop, hutch, etc. Things you've found in walls. It's all fun, different and interesting. :)

Sarah said...

I just like you Melissa & love reading all that you post. I'll admit I'm a very sporadic blog reader. I miss a lot but catch them when I can! (this is with any & all blogs)

Love your family idea to do skits. That's great!