Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tagged and such.

We've never been tagged before! So I thought we better do it! Thanks Kristin! 6 quirky things about us. Thomas wouldn't write his own, so I'm doing them for him! It was easier to think about little known quirky things for him than for myself.

1. Thomas has a photographic memory. I don't fully understand it, but seeing or reading something once means that it is in his little head.
2. Thomas wants to own a giant Galapagos Island Tortoise. He thinks it would be a super fun family pet to have in the backyard. No one knows how old they live because they have outlived the first scientists who started studying them. He thinks it would be cool if in like 300 years it would still be in the family... a family heirloom turtle!
3. Thomas has cat eyes. Check them out next time you see him. It is a condition called bilateral coloboma. It is pretty rare and even more rare that both of his eyes are like that. His vision isn't affected by it except for being more sensitive to car lights while driving at night.
4. I want to be a mother of multipules. Weird I know, but that is my hearts desire. I would love love love to have twins, triplets, or even quads. Sign me up.
5. Thomas and I didn't see a movie in the theater together until after we were married. In the last 3 1/2 years we've seen less than a handful (maybe 5...). We just aren't major movie people.

6. Thomas and I are adamant "anti-spanking" parents. 85% of today's parents were spanked as kids and 69% spank their own kids (babycenter.com). There is no way we will ever spank our kids; not even "once in a while" to make a serious point. Don't get me started... I'll get on a soap box.
I tag Driel and Evan and Ben and Lachelle!

We also went to dinner at The Roof on top of the Joseph Smith Building in downtown SLC. The owners of the complex we manage took us for Christmas! Check out our view!
Happy Anniversary Chicken Pot Pie. 3 years and counting!
She came out to help us shovel walks, but she had to hold her babies and wouldn't walk in the snow. She kept saying - Stuck, up please (tuck, uppease)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Macy in her snow clothes is too cute! I didn't know so much about you guys. How fun! And Thomas has a photographic memory? For real? That's impressive. And PS: I think you guys deserve dinner at the JSB for a week for having to stay in Provo for Christmas!! But you will make the best of it. I just know it. !!

Bri said...

I miss you guys so much. Your little Macy is adorable. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas