This is my beautiful and well seasoned cooking friend Katie. If she likes it it must be pretty good!
Things I would do differently next pot of chili- reduce the amount of chicken broth by half and double the cream! By the time I added all the liquid it was pretty thin. Also, I need to figure out more spices to add. With all the cooking I do you would think I would have a nice spice rack by now... alas, spices are too expensive! I know some kind of spice that I don't own could give it that depth of flavor I didn't have. Coriander maybe...
So the weather Sunday we so very mild and nice. We went up to the state hospital grounds to walk and play. Macey sure loves to be outside!
3 comments:
This weather is so much fun. I love the picture of you and Macey. I cannot believe you did not win. Did Katie win? She won for the desserts last year.
Melissa: you are such a good cook. I wish I was there to taste your chili! We have a lot of neighbors here in Singapore who move back to their home countries and leave their spices with us. I wish that you could come over and take what you need... we have probably 4 corianders! I'll just have to save them and pass them over next time we are in Utah!
Hi Melissa!
I can't believe how big Macey is getting. We had a chili cook-off here. Dale received the "meatiest" chili award. That because he put all kinds of meat in his chili. There were two "white" chilis at our cook-off that people really liked. I entered cornbread in the cornbread contest. I got second place for that. I forced the winner to give me her recipe--yum!!
I love the music you have on your blog!!
Post a Comment