Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Coookies

If I haven't mentioned how much I love my new Kitchen Aid... well let's just say I do. Would you like to know a secret about me? I can't make cookies. Weird I know. I like to think of myself as a pretty good cook/baker. Cookies are not my thing. Everyone has something in their cooking that abates them... my mom's is fudge; mine cookies. When I need cookies for an occasion I ask my little sister to make them for me and she obliges. Problem: Sarah went home for the summer! Am I really to be cookieless for 4 months?

My friend Judy brought me some cookies the other day and I fell in love. I decided to give cookies one more chance, using my Kitchen Aid. That was the secret I do think... I have to share the recipe of my first cookie success. They are super good.

Judy's Heaven Sent Cookies

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. soda
1 c. shortening
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c. nuts
8 oz. chocolate chipies (as Macey would call them)
1 t. vanilla
2 c. blendered oatmeal

Combine flour, salt, and soda and set aside. Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs to creamed mix one at a time. Add flour mixture and combine. Mix in nuts and chocolate. Add vanilla. Last but not least add the oat floury stuff (but 2 c. oatmeal in a blender and blend until smooth, makes the cookies amazing! but be sure to add it at the end) Stir to combine all. Bake at 350 for 10 min (I baked mine for 7 and they were perfect...)

1 comment:

Julia Davis said...

Melissa! Why are you guys so darn cute???? I miss you! We need to meet up in Orderville sometime and go sneak into the barn for a dance. :) Macey is ADORABLE as usual! Congrats to Thomas for graduating...