Sunday, April 25, 2010

Graduation

Friday April 23, 2010 was the big day!  Thomas graduated with a Masters of Science in Civil Engineering!  We've done the graduation thing lots of times the past couple of years, but this year was different.  In other years nothing was really changing... no moving, no new job, more school.  This year graduation seemed very official and a real end of an era for our little family.  I had a great sense of closer.  We are done with our student days and on to a different stage of life. 
We walked to the Smith Fieldhouse in the rain.  This picture shows the gorgeous flowering trees that April has to offer, but the rain stopped us from taking any good outside pictures.
To get out of the rain we waited in a storage area while others from a previous department graduation exited the building.  I thought this was kind of funny.
Our pictures by some blue curtain... blasted rain.
We were so glad that Thomas' parents, Terry and Lucy, could come enjoy the day with us.  They even took us out to lunch!  It was a great day...

2 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

I'm sure someone knows how to photoshop spring trees for the blue curtain.

Bri said...

The story of the piano is too funny. I look forward to reading the final chapters of it's story when it goes into the Shanty.
Congrats on Graduation and Intermural Championship Thomas!