Thomas was home from his first semester at BYU after his mission. He was working for his dad in Orderville. Orderville is the closest town to the ranch, so that where all of us ranch kids went to church. He introduced himself at Stake Conference, my second Sunday there, when he thought I was looking back at him. I only slightly remember meeting him, because I was looking back at someone else :)
There is another ranch just 5 miles up the road that is much bigger... probably 40 collage aged kids work there for the summer. So Thomas and his friend had lots of motivation to drive out to the ranches to hang out and meet people on the weekends. Let's be honest, 90% of the people working for the ranches were girls. Thomas was no dumbie, he knew where to spend his free time in the summer.
One night we were in the kitchen with lots of kids, eating ice cream and Lucy Charms when a guest came in and said his wife had fallen off of a rope swing and her arm was broken. He needed some help. Thomas, the local, knew where the hospital was and offered to take her so the husband could stay with their kids. I was the ranch rep "on duty" that night, so offered to go with them.
The 3 of us got into Thomas' truck, so conveniently I had to sit next to him in the middle. We chatted while the woman got a cast.
I've been grateful she broke her arm ever since.
The first wild flower bouquet from Thomas and our 24th of July together - our summer (2005)



8 comments:
Oh for cute's sake! Who cares about how their parents met before they're like 15? That's adorable.
Lucky me,I got to live it with you! Man that really was the best job/summer ever!
Thats is so cute! I am so happy he met you out there too!
fun story!
Very Cute! I don't think I even knew the whole story. I loved that Macey wanted to hear it again and again.
Yay for Ranch Memories! I feell so lucky to know both of you. You are truly perfect for eachother!!! Let's have a ranch reunion some day. :)
Oh my cuteness. That picture of you in pink, the stories, loved this post!
That is a cute story. Good job writing it down, you will be glad you did. I can't believe how young you guys look!
Post a Comment