Thursday, September 1, 2011

Calm before the storm

The kids were rotten tonight and I was tired too, SO I put them to bed at 7pm.  Sure I might be up at the crack of dawn, but hey, it's quiet right now :)

We move into the back half of our house on Saturday.  I'm busy trying to decide what I want out, what I want accessible, and what to pack up tight to keep in the barn for who knows how long.  I also have no idea when and if I'll have the internet.  So here's a little update!  

Kimball went to the Dr. again to check his ears today.  They look great.  I asked him about the 20 days on antibiotics and he said it was a mistake and he only needed them for 10.  Good thing I asked!
 When Henry and Macey get along it's SO fun.  Macey came inside, told me to get my camera and come take a picture because "we are being cute".  She was right.
 Here are a few more hose pictures.  I think it's funny some of the window decoration thingies are still up.
 Looking from the front door into the living room and into a bedroom.
 In the living room looking into what was the kitchen and a small bedroom, but we are going to take out that wall down the middle and make the kitchen/dining bigger and then open the kitchen and the living room up to each other.
 The purty pink bathroom... the tub is gone and I made $17 from recycling it!  Go me!  Thanks for the tip Dad!
 This is where an abandoned fire place was,  It's completely gone now.  There is a now a giant hole next to it where we are putting in new stairs to the basement.
 You better believe we're keeping this beauty.  I might take off the handles though, yet to be decided :)
 I spy with my little eye at least 6 different wallpapers and 3 different paints.
 Bad picture but here's a little sneak peak of where we are moving into.  The mud room turned kitchen AKA a fridge and stove.
 This is the little hole Thomas cut in the wall so that we could access the back room without going through the construction area. he built the little stairs and the "safety" railing too.
More pictures of the adventure to come!  Wish me luck and sanity!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Melissa! It looks like quite the adventure down there! I hope you're having fun while you're doing it. :) And I hope it goes quickly.

Just Me & My Family said...

Way fun posts Melissa. LOVE all the messes - both Mommies and kiddies ;) IF you need anything please call. I'd love to watch Henry and Macy almost anytime you need, and if Richard is home we could even take all three sometime. Keep your head up and we have to get together next week -- I'm going insane.

Unknown said...

I wish you lot fo sanity!!!! And I am so excitedt o see this all when it's done!!!! How long do you think it will all take? Are you moiving electrical stuff too?! You guys are SO talented!!!!!

Natasha said...

Holy Cow! You are a brave woman!! We bought a fixer upper as well, I was without a kitchen sink and countertops for a couple weeks. I did dishes in a tiny bathroom sink (or bathtub when needed), and who would have thought that I could be SO grateful for countertops :). It will be rough but it will make you appreciate every little thing. GOOD LUCK!! And I hope that it will get done quickly with no set backs!

Heather said...

You are for sure a brave brave women. Come play anytime to escape. Loved the tour. Please keep the pictures coming. Love to see the progress and all the old wall finishes.