Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Sugar Cookies

We did some babysitting-swapping with a friend at church.  When it was our turn last week, Macey and I decided we needed a little activity to do while the kids were over.  We decided on making Thanksgiving sugar cookies.  Yumm-o.  I went to my trusty box of "101 Cookie Cutter" only to discover they DON'T include Thanksgiving.  Weird!  Who doesn't need a turkey cookie cutter  now and then?  So we just made whatever shapes we felt like.  

While I was busy rolling out the dough I noticed that Kimball had stuck his hand in the bowl beside him and was EATING the dough!  I guess we can cross dairy, egg, and wheat allergies off his list.  Ooops.
Nom nom nom nom
Macey made a snake family out of the dough.  That's her dad.  Looks just like him if you ask me.
Henry and Kimball were on the same page.  Just keep eating.  Just keep eating.


Nom nom nom.


Did you know I have a buffalo cookie cutter?  I love buffalo.  Nothing pulls off a hump like a buffalo.  When I was in the 10th grade my best boy friend went out west on family vacation and he brought me back this cookie cutter.  I love it still.  Thanks Jacob McCue.
Are they toys are cookie cutters?  We kept getting it confused.
It's hard work making cookies.
What momma?
When it was all said and done we all had a stomach ache and we had a glass of milk for lunch because no one was hungry.
And 1 pound of butter later we had come cookies and icing to boot.  We decorated them that night.  The kids LOVE having the official bags and tips out for the icing, totally worth the effort.  

They still weren't as good as Heather's cookies though.  Feel free to send me some this holiday season, Heather.  I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like my kind of cookie making! Kimball is sooo cute.

Rob and Marseille said...

that is soo funny that kimball helped himself to the cookie dough

Heather said...

Fancy tips...wow, you are the best mom and babysitter EVER!!! I know I was just talking to Jason about our platters this year...sniff sniff.....Way to bust Kimball into real food too. Just taking after Henry I guess...also, was to blog like a crazy person...oh ya, way to have the internet in your town!!!!!