Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Whirl Wind Trip!

We had a CRAZY week last week!  
Did you know I flew to Kentucky??  Well I sure did - here's the recap!
Wednesday night I drove up to Lehi and spent the night at my friend Sarah's (Thanks!!) - brought the baby and left 1 and 2 at home.
Thursday work up at the crack of dawn to get on an airoplane - in KY at 3pm
Friday spent the day with my family and then went to the Louisville Temple to be with my bestie Katie while she was there for her first time!
Saturday I flew home and rolled into my house at midnight (2am KY time...)
I took a nap on Sunday.

It was awesome.  I'm so glad that Katie invited me.  Katie and I grew up in Indiana together and I even worked at her mom's deli for years.  We didn't really get to know each other until we were both at BYU though (crazy we had to be that far away from our home to become friends) anyhow, she's great and means so much to me.

It was fun to be at my parents without the rest of my little family.  Is that rude?  It was just nice to be a daughter and a sister and not so much a mom.  I loved being in their home.  I still have 2 siblings at home and it was great to get to spend sometime with them.

Karina (13) made the baby a turban.  I think he likes it.
 My brother, sister in law, and their baby Hudson who is exactly one month younger than Kimball.  They came over for dinner and I was shocked at how big their baby was!  He's bigger than Kimball for sure...
 Karina did a little pre-Halloween fashion shoe for me.  Isn't that the luckiest costume you've ever seen!
 The woman of the hour!  Katie and I.
 I don't know if she likes me mashing her pretty hair but this picture is cute regardless.
My cute parents. 
 On Saturday morning we went for a little stroll around Freeman Lake.  They have drained part of it to fix a dam so there were muscles all over the sand.  I collect some and brought them home for Macey.  She loved them.
 Kimball is zipped up inside my jacket.

 My Oh-So-Cute little brother.


 Naked cousin bath picture!  Hurray!

 Adam is a great uncle.  He actually likes babies... so cute.  He was doing push-ups and giving Kimball kisses.  I just thought it was precious.
My mom also helped me Christmas craft, I made cards with my sister, the rents took me out for tasty Mexican.  It was an awesome trip.  Every time I go I realize what I am missing out on though.  It's a hard reality that my kids (and myself) only see my family a couple of times a year.

Then after less than 48 hours in Kentucky I was back on my way again.

Dad, just move to Utah already.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for this post!!! It was SO wonderful to see yoU!!! I LOVE YOUR PICTURES! And OMG your brother ans sister are NOT LITTLE ANYMORE!!!!! Karina looks SO much like lachelle to me!! Crazy!!!!!!! You were SO sweet to make the long trip here!!!!

Sarah said...

What a trip. So special to be able to go. I wish I could have. I loved having you at my house for a night & getting a little Melissa perspective in my life. You inspire me!! And I totally get the going home just you...I've done it a couple of times & I think it's amazing. Why do we have to live so far from Indiana/Kentucky. Lets remove all the states in between.

Kaley said...

You look beautiful!

clarsen said...

I'm so glad you got to go! I cannot believe how big Kimball is!