Run...
Even mommas with babies can do it, so can you! Start short and build up. Select a route! This helped me tons! I know how far I'm going to go, what to expect, and if you get half done then the rest is just getting back home... Get a buddy! Peer pressure does wonders for a workout! Too cold you say? Too much snow to run outside? Try a workout video- Personal Favorite...

Nice complete workout with hideous 80's outfits to laugh at. Look for it at your local DI.
Eat right-

Green Smoothies!
That's right! A green smoothie. It isn't a diet... just an addition to your diet to keep you going strong. Who doesn't need more fruits and veggies?
Here's how you do it-
- Combine in a blender-
- 2 c. water
- Greens (kale, spinach, chard, and collard greens) I recommend at least 2 different types if you don't do all 4
- pulse until smooth and up to the 5 c. line
- add fruit and blend until smooth up to the 8 c. line
- avocado and banana are great for texture, mixed frozen berries, mangoes, peaches, pineapple and cantaloupe are all good options - whatever you want really.
- You can also add flax
This makes 8 cups - drink 4 cups a day, saving the rest for the next day (I prefer the fresh to the day old by a long shot...) or share with a friend! My blender is little and only makes 6 cups total so I make 3 cups of greens and 2 cups of fruit and drink all 5 cups for breakfast!
The idea comes from greensmoothiegirl.com . She is a little extreme for my liking but has some great points. Check out the testimonials! Green smoothies cure cancer, infertility, and put color back into your gray hairs! Amazing I know...
So they sound really gross but I swear all you taste is the fruit. Just try it... I sound like a pro, but I only started making them this week. I'll let you know how wonderfully my health improves!
2 comments:
Oh, Melissa! #1 Thank you so, so, so much for coming by the other night. I felt so blessed that you would come over and make sure we were taken care of when I wasn't feeling well. The pebble ice is fantastic, Marc LOVED the cornbread (he seriously commented on it at least 10 times every time he ate a piece), and it was so nice to be remembered. #2 You drink green smoothies?!! My Mom has done that for years, and I do it all the time too...well, when I'm keeping food down regularly, that is. It's super weird, but very good for you, and I'm glad to find another person who sees the health benefits of this concoction. I haven't yet convinced Marc to drink one with me, but I'm still working on him... Thank you again--I can definitely see that we should be friends. :)
Still rocking the smoothie, Mel. However I would caution readers not to add the flax. It lends to the whole (sometimes already rather unappetizing) experience a gelatinous consistency--not pleasant.
Post a Comment