Tuesday night I surprised Thomas with a lovely outing for two... yes two. We aren't the best at dating without Macey - I'm too particular on babysitters and so I have to save them for when they are really needed. So I put Macey to bed, had a single friend come over at 9:15pm and we went to the 10:00 showing of Star Trek, complete with greasy popcorn and a huge Root beer!I loved this option... Macey slept the whole time and the "sitter" sat; literally, watching a movie on my couch. Perfect set up if you ask me. If only we were night people... I am still exhausted and we were in bed by 1am. I think we are getting old.
The movie was good, the food great, and the company excellent. Little does Thomas know there is more to come on Sunday... what a great holiday! It's like a birthday in June!
Live long and prosper.
3 comments:
How fun! I know hoe you feel about that sitter thing- Its really hard! Sorry about that blakey! So sad! We lost Gaige's special dog, but he was too young to care, Toby and I wer the ones who were sad! We are excited to see you Saturday and your cute little girl!! The pics from your trip look really fun! What a great trip!
What a fun night!! I always love going to late night movies. But I agree, it's hard to recooperate afterwords.
Melissa, I don't know how I've never read your blog before, but I haven't. And I thought it would be appropriate to comment on this post because seriously, you can ALWAYS ask us to babysit!!! I've decided that having someone over for Logan to play with not only helps out the parents we're sitting for, but it keeps Logan busy for a few hours. So PLEASE call us if you ever need someone!!!! 585-721-5760
Post a Comment