Thomas and I are proud to say we are HOME OWNERS! Well let me rephrase that... we are shanty owners! I don't think I would call it a home or even a house really!
Here are the stats:
Location: Orderville, UT right behind the church
Size: No clue...
Why we bought it: The Land! This little beauty is situated on 1.15 fenced in acres with water rights right in the middle of town. It already has almost 30 fruit trees on it! Plus it was a scream' deal.
Our First Shanty
Kitchen - not quite granite counter tops, but hey.
Rockin' Pink Bathroom- Macey's dream come true!
Our yard (well you can only see about 1/2 of it).
Here's what really sold me on the house... the creepy walk down cold storage cellar! Just like the one my Grandma Shoaf has but a lot creepier! Macey's new time-out room?
Shanty Sweet Shanty
11 comments:
So it's finally FINAL! Yea! Congrats on your shanty. Making it livable even for renters... hmmm... good luck with that. ;)
Yay!!!That means you really are moving back.....right? I am soooo excited.....how arw you doing..ready for baby #2?
So do you guys plan on ending up in Orderville or was this just a good investment for renting? I'm loving the purple and blue paint going down to the cellar(I think you should leave it.haha). I remember thinking the cellar at my Grandma's house was super CREEPY too.
melissa that's SO exciting! How far is orderville? I'll help with anything you want me to help with, and i volunteer Dave too! I also have been meaning to tell you that i was at the doctor a couple days ago and he told me that the average age for potty training in 1920 was 10 months. CRAZY huH! SO forget what i said about waiting, if you wanna do it, genetically i think their pretty capable!
Oh I am super jealous, I love your shanty! And being a home/shanty/land owner is amazing!! Congrats!
It is even more amazing than I pictured it! Congrats!
fun fun fun!! Over an acre in the middle of town? That sounds fabulous. The pink bathroom is something else!
Melissa this is soo exciting. Mike and I have been talking about starting to look at buying a House. But you inspired us and we've stared looking! We want to find a place we can fix up close to campus and rent it to students. I love the land that you found so exciting!!
Congrats! It doesn't look too bad....but the fruit trees are AWESOME! Think of all the canning you'll be able to do!
SO Exciting!!! I can't wait until we settle down long enough to buy a house. It looks a lot cuter inside than I would have expected from the age of the exterior. It would be a dream come true for us too. All excpt for the creepy storage cellar. That's a little Too creepy for me. You better be good for Mom Macey! ;)
YAY! How did I miss this post? And 2 stoves!? You're all set to can your fruit! I wish we were there to help with all the fun. I'm excited for you. "Sweet Shanty" is right!
Post a Comment