In our church we are asked to serve in various positions. We actually have no paid clergy... anywho, even us normal people get what we call "callings". Thomas and I were just called as:
Webelos Leaders!
Webelos are the 10 year old Cub Scouts. Thomas is the cutest den mother in the ward.
Last Wednesday was our first big day. We made catapults! We then built forts out of cups and had a mini war with marshmallows. Let's just say I love my calling!
Thomas is really excited too! The boys would be excited too if they knew all we have planned! This week we are working on electrical circuits, not excluding the lemon battery! Who knew lemons could power a light. Good thing Thomas is super smart.
I have a hunch that Scouting will be a big part of my future. Good thing we are practicing on these kids:)
4 comments:
=) what a fun calling!!! Thomas always has been the smarty pants... I am glad he is putting all those brains to good use!!
How fun...Mom and Me are the Wolves and Bears Leaders. We have been for a lot of years. Its super fun, and kinda sad when they get too old and move on. You will love it.
You'll never guess where I got called to........ The Primary Pres. 2nd Counseler. Crazy stuff
wow. those scouts are lucky! cute family! it was nice to meet you again the other day, we'll keep in touch...even if it just through the blog ;)
You go girl! That's so fun.
Post a Comment