Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Under Attack

Here is a little story for the future.
The day we moved in I noticed a few flying ants in the laundry room.  Yuck.  So I dusted outside the window with Antbegone and sprayed Raid all over.  We left the next day to go to Orderville.  When we came home the next day I found lots of dead ants!  Eeeww.  I vacuumed them up and went on with my day.  Later in the day I started noticing more live ants in the laundry room.  Then I started to see them in the bathroom.  Then I started to see them in the kitchen.  I am not normally too squeamish about bugs but it was starting to get out of hand!  I was really getting annoyed and grossed out.  I finally noticed that they seemed to be coming out of the furnace vent on the floor.  Weird.  I told Thomas what I thought, so he took the vent cover off and sure enough there are hundreds in there.  He starts looking around.
The ants are living in our laundry room and being BLOWN THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE THROUGH OUR FURNANCE.  Can you think of anything more disgusting?  Thomas is a dream and stayed up until 3am taking the furnace apart to get to the ants.  He sprayed, cleaned, and got rid of them.  We are going to laugh about this for a long time.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, that's really gross! But you know, now you are a little bit more like Nie, remember the praying mantis eggs in the Christmas tree? So, you know, silver lining and all...

Cecily said...

Blech! But yay for husbands!!

Whenever you're ready to really be grossed out, come on down to the south and dine with cockroaches.

Ew.

Ew.

Double ew. :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Yucky! We've had a few small ant attacks, but nothing compared to this! Yikes!

Kristin said...

Oh I would die! That is so crazy. Good thing Thomas is so handy!