Sunday, September 26, 2010

Forgotten August

I was thinking about my posts and realized I didn't post all of my picture from the beginning of August... weird!
Here is Thomas picking blackberries for me!  I've been running by this patch since we moved in the spring.  I saw a woman out one morning and told her how pretty her berry bushes where.  She looked at me like I was a nut said she didn't even pick those old thorny things.  So I asked if we could... she didn't mind and we ended up picking around 4 gallons!

 We rode our bikes down the Provo River Trail with the Robinson cousins and then stopped for a picnic and playing in the river.
 There was this really pretty tunnel that someone had cut out and then wove the branches of the hedge near the river.
 Thomas had helpers for harvesting the garlic.

 We've seen a humming bird fly back and forth from a nest in our front tree all summer.  Then one day we were out there and there were babies!  Two of them..
 Here is the momma feeding the babies.
 We also went to Payson Lakes!
How could I have forgotten such a fun month?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the Aug update. Also, your picture are so pretty. The bird one is beautiful!

Rob and Marseille said...

I hope thomas wore old clothes- those berry stains aren't coming out. Lucky that you found the berry bushes. are you still doing your old running loop? did you make lots of jam? We went camping up by payson lakes a few times. one of the times there were tons of misquitos.

Lacie said...

Those berries were amazing! Jesse and Lindy let us pick some of there's and they were so good.
I will bring our fondue party list to Celeste's wedding. We are coming. We are going to the temple but we haven't discussed if we are going to the reception. Tay has something that night I think. We'll have to discuss. I am excited to see you. Have a great week. Love ya all!