Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First Talk

 Macey was asked to give her first talk in Primary this past week.  On Monday night we wrote the talk and most nights we had her stand on her stool on top of her "podium" and practice.  Here is her practice :)
Here is the cute (and very reverent!) audience.
She was so excited all week to give her talk.  We practice lots!  She couldn't wait for Sacrament meeting to be over when Sunday finally came!  The Jr. and Sr. Primary meet together on Sunday in the chapel for the opening part - when her talk is.  She got to sit on the stand and when it was her turn and we went to stand at the pulpit she froze!  Looking down at all those kids was too much.  She hid in my shoulder while I held her and I gave my first talk in her primary :)

She was so sad when it was all over, even with lots of praise.  She said to me later, "I'll try my talk again next week, ok?"

It was a cute and proud day as a mom, even if it didn't go as we planned.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that darn Primary podium. It's gets the best of all of them. :)

Kristin said...

Very Cute! Adam gave his first talk on Sunday as well, and I think I was more nervous than he was:) I think the chapel podium would be way more intimidating. What a fun time for them to be experiencing all these things.