We spent the weekend in Orderville celebrating Pioneer Day.
Kimball is a good little packing buddy.
We had a family swimming party at the town pool for Macey's 4th Birthday! It only cost $35 to rent the pool for 2 hours... totally worth the money. Everyone swam and then we had dinner. I made pulled pork, potato salad, 7 layer salad, corn, melon, and cupcakes. It was so very tasty.Henry warming up in the sun.
We did a family float for the parade. It was in honor of Thomas Chamberlain who had 6 wives and so created tons of posterity that live in Long Valley. Don't worry, my Thomas comes from the 5th wive Chastie. I was a little shocked when I learned about Thomas' polygamous heritage when were dating to say the least!
We went to the town park for games. The favorite was the slip and slide of course!
Macey got a sweet Radio Flyer wagon from grandma for the b-day and Thomas put it together tonight. I can't wait to take it out tomorrow.
The weekend wasn't all rosy. There were 3 things that were Debbie downers-
1. Henry almost drown at the party - the life guard plucked him out before I even knew what was going on. Awesome mothering right?
2. I left Kimball at the store and didn't even realize it! He was asleep in his car seat and I just forgot him! Good thing his grandpa owns the store and was there!
Mother of the Year nomination just went down the drain...
3. Thomas went on a hike with his mom, Brother-in-law, and sister on Monday. They ran into some glitches and it took them forever to even get somewhere were they could call. I was worried SICK! There were a million flash flood warnings on TV and that's all I could think about! I literally had a mental plan of what I would do when they told me Thomas was dead. Thomas' dad went to get them and everyone one rolled into bed at 3am after being gone for 20 hours.
So it was a good weekend but pretty emotional and tiring. Now off to bed!
5 comments:
Not to be morbid or anything, but I'm curious to know what your "you are now a widowed mother of 3" mental plan consisted of...
Oh my gosh!!!! Scary about Thomas. That is awful but so fortunate he changed your "plans". One time Ty got stuck in a huge snow storm. It took him 6 hours to get home from the airport but home was to his brothers b/c he couldn't get into our neighborhood. I saw him the next day. Oh & his phone was dead. I was worried sick - huge headache.
Cute swim party though!!!
You make me smile :)
Oh, Melissa! I laughed out loud about the mothering comments...I don't even know how to remember everything with one kid, let alone three! At least you have lots of people to help out with the whole mothering job, right? :)
PS And I think you're an awesome mother--I always think how much fun your kids must be having with such a relaxed mama. Every kid's dream is to run around all summer barefoot, getting muddy and eating popsicles. I think you're that kind of mom! :)
LOL I"m sorry that I'm laughing at your 'forgetfulness'. I shouldn't be because Christopher had a similar episode at a pool.
Post a Comment