Sunday, October 23, 2011

This week's recap-

The kids are still in love with the kitties.  I've forgotten how much fun it is to have pets. The kitties are a hoot, they play fight with each other and it's super fun to watch.  They are also very good with the kids and the neighbors.  When they reach their fill of "love" they hide in garage on top of a huge stack of sheet rock where the kids can't reach them.  The neighbors will beg me to get them out but I figure they'll come out when it's safe.  
They're no dumbies, I'd hide from our neighbors too.
Two of the little girls tried to steal one of the cats yesterday and I had to walk over and ask them not to take our kitties home... 
I also took the kids back to the pumpkin patch with our good friends yesterday .  They didn't complain about having to ride the train again.  I hadn't realized when we went that they had edible squash there too.  I brought home two medium sweet meat (my favorite thanks to the O'Dell's) an acorn, butternut, and spaghetti plus a few little pumpkins all for $5.  Amazing.  The squash will make great baby food in the coming months too.

 Macey's first friend in Richfield - Makayla, we just love her family.

 Well the lady never came to get the swans, which Macey call's "mom's ugly ducklings", so Thomas loaded them up and we put them for free on KSL... NO CALLERS!  So he ditched them in a dumpster. Macey played with them every night they were in the truck and cried when Thomas came home without them.
 Thomas and Terry put in the beam that will support my giant opening between my kitchen and living room yesterday.  It looks so pretty and will really make the space feel open and large.
 My new and pretty front door.  I'm trying to con Thomas into letting me paint it the same purple as the mailbox :)  What color should we paint it??  No red... I don't want it red for some reason.
 Here's another view of the beam and the temporary boards that are holding our roof up...
In other house news - The Home Depot brought the rest of our order.  Now all we need is time.

We got "BOOed" this week... an anonymous plate of goodies with a poem that says to do the same to 2 other people.  We got goodies ready and then had the kids help us deliver them around the block.  I was the official get away car driver and Thomas and Macey's were the "knock and runners".  Macey LOVED this!  She thought it was so fun and so sneaky.  She even saw the neighbor sitting in her house before they dropped off the goodies and had to run extra fast.  She laughed and laughed and asked to do it again.  I think the 12 Days of Christmas is going to be even more fun this year with her!

I babysat a 1 year old all weekend.  Wowzers. It was hard work.  Between her and Kimball I sure didn't sleep much.  Macey is convinced she needs a sister now though and keeps asking me when she can have one.  She's told me multiple times that she prays for Jesus to send a baby girl to our family...  I had to explain that Kimball needs to be bigger first and she was trying to convince me that he IS big.  So funny.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun. :) Any giant Halloween parties planned this year? :) Wish we could come party with you.

Kaley said...

you should paint the door purple! my mom's is purple and it looks great. really. it's not too much.

Rob and Marseille said...

i really like the door white. I guess I'm kinda boring. I love the glass in it! great deal on all the squash! I love squash! (but i'm the only one in my family that does.)

clarsen said...

I laughed out loud several times while reading this post. Your neighbors trying to steal your cats is HILARIOUS!

Heather said...

Man, that new beam is pretty awesome! Here is to getting thing back quickly and bless those nasty swans. I am sure they will make new friends at the dump.