Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fiona's Cakes

Our good friends Evan and Driel Andersen blessed their baby Fiona today! Driel asked me to make a cake for the after blessing events and here is what she got. Of course I forgot to take pictures at the event...

A giant cupcake! I tried my hand at a whipping cream icing but it turned out a little funny. It tasted ok but the texture wasn't very workable, so here is what it ended up as (on a chocolate cake).
Fiona's white cake with butter cream frosting.
Driel gave me a few tiny hair bands so I thought I would try pigtails... The picture isn't super clear but can you see my little baby's first pig tails? They didn't last long, but boy were they cute. I can't wait for her hair to get longer!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Melissa--you are amazing. We might have to hire you to make Tucker a cake for his first birthday! By the way, we tried that soup recipe a few days ago, and it was delicious! Thank you so much!

Kyle and Megan said...

Yes, and weren't you planning on taking a trip to Southern California sometime early this summer so you can make a cake for Kelsey's first birthday?? Well, you really do have a magnificent talent. Like, my jaw is still dropped! And, that is an outrage that your chili didn't win! I would demand a recount!

Katie said...

That cake is amazing! You are one talented lady!

Summer P. said...

I am so amazed at that cupcake cake. I totally want to start decorating cakes, i bake cookies a lot, but cakes... that's where I'm heading next.

M said...

WOW! Those cakes look soo good (both to look at and to eat!). I love the flowers on the yellow cake, both of them are just amazing. Great job!

Driel said...

Amazing! I want a piece of both cakes right now. I love your gorgeous dress. You look awesome in navy. Also, you inspired me to put Moriah's hair in pigtails. It was pretty cute until she took them out and her hair was skeewompus.