Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dreams do come true!

Going to Australia has been on my "life goals" list for as long as I can remember.  And now... it's going to happen!  I'm so beyond excited that I have trouble sleeping at night!  Thomas is going to train some members of the Australian government in the software that he works with.  He's known for months that he "might" go, but nothing was definite.  Now his trip is schedules for the 5th of November!

He's going to be gone for 3 whole weeks including over Thanksgiving (booo), but the up side is I get to go with him for the first 10 days! I'll be in Sydney for 7 days and Melbourne for 3 (that includes all the flying...).  We leave 3 weeks from Saturday...

I've only left Macey for one night not including Henry's birth and I've never left Henry, so that will be hard.  I have convinced myself not to worry though!  I'm flying my mom out to babysit, so a lot of peace of mind comes right there!  Over a week with no obligations other than what to do next!  What will I do with myself!?!  I'm a little nervous about exploring by myself all day (Thomas will be working until 5pm), but it's all part of the adventure right.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Oh I am so jealous! My cousins all live in Melbourne and I haven't seen most of them since I was 11...

If you want a friendly number to call in case you need something, let me know and I can give you my aunt/uncle's number.

Chace & Rivka said...

WAHOOOO! This is wonderful Melissa, and much deserved. I am so excited for you both. What a fun adventure!

dedesmith32 said...

I am completely jealous Melissa! This is one of my dreams too! Congratulations and I hope you have an amazing time!

Annie said...

OH MY GOSH! We are dream buddies! Australia has always been I've dreamed of visiting! WOW. 10 days. That is amazing. Maybe you should pack a buddy in your bag... you know, for those times when Thomas is working... I know someone who might fit... ;)

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! That sounds awesome! I hope you have a blast!

Sondra said...

Ohh my goodness! I am so jealous! That sounds incredible. You will have so much fun! And your babies will be just fine. I hope you take tons of pictures and have the best time!

Bri said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! I think the phrase "take lots of pictures" goes with out saying for a fellow blogger. :)