Did you know that Thomas has been stricken with a bought of Bell's Palsy?
Crazy huh. It started the day we flew home from KY.
It must have been the stress from visiting THE in-laws. That's my only guess.
In other randomness- I thought I would share the oddities of the house we are signing for TOMORROW. What what! Exhibit A: This porcelain snowman is cemented into the foundation. Macey has begged me on multiple occasion to not take him out. We'll see who wins this battle.
Exhibit B: Moose sign on the fence.
Exhibit C: The largest nest of the largest red ants I've ever seen. I'm not a chemical kind of girl, but I'm buying a can of Raid ASAP. Those puppies have got to go!
Exhibit D: Fake eagle perched on some unintelligible sign in the middle of the yard.
Exhibit E: Strangely circular man-made pond, but the real oddity is the letters on the fence. "Don't fence me in" What does that even mean??? I am planning on refurbishing the letters into something cool to go in or on the barn. Any great ideas?
Exhibit F: The ugliest water feater known to Southern Utah. I call it the Rameumptom. If you know what I'm referring to you should laugh now :)
Exhibit G: So the previous owners were names Alice and Hoover - why the plead for help on the barn??? It's a mystery really.
Exhibit H: The largest swan planters on earth. They are 3 feet tall and weigh at least 200 pounds!
And here are a few other photos...
This nasty water is the water that Henry drank (by using the dump of his little tracker as a cup) and made himself sick. It also houses 2 frogs. We love our pets.
This is a strange bush with 3 inch pink thorns on it. Why would you ever plan this?
Thomas has been working hard on the sprinkler system to bring the dead yard back. The kids were big helpers!
The most exciting news of all is we MIGHT have a pet duck on the property!!! I was cutting out a big ole ugly bush near the front door and then all the sudden a cute little brown and gray duck was in the yard. The kids chased him into the garage where he was tame enough to let Thomas pick him up to rescue him. We watched him for a minute and we went behind a pine tree near where I was cutting the bush. When we were leaving he came out again and was eating and getting a drink in the sprinklers before he went back to the tree. I hope hope hope that he is a semi tame duck that wants to live in my bush. I plan on taking some bread for him tomorrow in hopes of bribing him into staying. How sweet would that be, my very own tame duck that I'm not really responsible for!
4 comments:
I love how muddy the kids were!
That place looks awesome. :) A lot of fun for your whole family to make "yours". I think the "don't fence me in" is probably just the lyrics to the Bing Crosby song... why someone wanted that on their fence, I don't know, but maybe they love the song?
I think we should randomly show up to visit because P would love playing with Mace in all that mud. :)
is bell's palsy the one where half your face goes numb for no reason for a few weeks? Wow that is alot of work- but its yours!!
I love all the random stuff around the property! And animal rights?? It is my dream to have a chicken coop in the backyard someday. I had a friend with Bell's Palsy and it took about 6 months or so, but it came back on its own. Good luck with all the remodeling! What a cool place!
Post a Comment