Saturday, December 10, 2011

SO Embarrassed!

Do you remember this picture?  It's Kimball and I a few hours after NATURAL birth.  Let's be honest.  It's not a good picture of me.  I'm exhausted...
 Annette Kleinhenz is the only woman I have ever seen a good picture of after birth.  Ever.

Well I have a story for you-
Last night was Thomas' work party.  There are over 60 employees and most people brought a spouse, so there were around 100 people together to have dinner.  At the front of the room there is a big projector and they are showing pictures from the year - mostly just the employee's head shots and a few from a work party this summer.  Not very exciting. Really lame actually.

I'm in line to get some food and the girl in front of me says "I just saw a picture of you and a baby."  What???  So I ask Thomas.  He said that he emailed this picture to the secretary after Kimball was born to tell them we had the baby.  I guess the secretary also forwarded the email and picture to the whole office.  Oh well, what I didn't know didn't hurt me, BUT NOW this slide show is playing over and over with just head shots and then me looking like death with a baby.  You couldn't miss it.

I was so embarrassed. So. Embarrassed.

Thomas keeps telling me no one noticed.  But I know that isn't true.  I guess Thomas will have to find another date to the party next year!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Also, that is the most perfect baby picture I have ever seen. No cone head. Perfect color and smiling! You make some cute kids. You look beautiful too!

Rob and Marseille said...

i think you are too hard on yourself. Everyone thinks they look worse than they actually do. And Kimball looks darling!

Unknown said...

oh, melissa! It really lis just you that think you look horrible. I think it's such a great picture, i would have emailed it to my boss too!!!

Sarah said...

At least you had a pretty gown on. :))) Oh man...I am SO sorry. I would feel the same way you do. "Find another date next year"=FUNNY. But as the other girls let you know...you do look pretty.

Kaley said...

Really. I don't think it's a bad picture AT ALL. I'm actually really impressed. Your hair doesn't look sweaty, your face doesn't look sweaty, you have no embarrassing zits. Totally acceptable. Oh, and my sister is one that also takes beautiful pictures after having a baby. Ridiculous.

Chace & Rivka said...

While I understand your feelings, as an unbiased observer and someone whom you know will always tell you the truth, let me say this is a great photo of both you and Kimball and you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

And you may call me any ol' time you want!

rebelmom said...

Seriously it is not bad at all! You are being way to hard on yourself...cute baby...cute mom!!!!