Monday, October 12, 2009

Quick Update

Thank you all for your love and support. I will be hitting you up for dinners before you know it:)
I am official discharged from the hospital, but Mr. Henny is still in a "level 2" care unit because of jaundice. He is in a little crib that looks like a tanning bed with blue lights, has an IV in his foot to give him lots of liquids so that he passes the stuff in his liver faster, and has lots of little monitors on his naked chubby little body. This hospital is amazing and I am currently staying in my room as if it were a motel room, no yummy food coming, but I can sleep and shower here for a minimal cost, since Mr. Henny needs to eat every few hours. This is much preferred over driving back and forth every few hours, so I am grateful it is an option. We will know tomorrow if he gets to come home or if he needs another day on the IV... then he will come home and be in a light box at our house. It's a pretty normal problem, inconvenient, but nothing to worry tons about. I'm just glad it is pretty easy to take care of.

I am feeling great. I loved my birth experience and am so happy with how I am feeling. I was ready to go home last night! The hospital isn't letting any visitors under the age of 14 in, so I haven't seen Macey and she hasn't been able to meet her brother yet... I can't wait until Thomas brings her up this afternoon. I will get to play with her outside while he says hi to Henry, and she just has to wait to meet this alleged brother of hers when he gets released. We keep talking about this Henry character, and yet there is no proof for her yet. She's going to love him! I just know it!
Goal: be home tomorrow afternoon... Wednesday at the latest!

8 comments:

Chace & Rivka said...

I am so proud of you Melissa. Now that you've done it, you can be my coach! I can hardly keep myself from calling you right now for the whole low down, but I'll just invite you to call me when you're up for it. I LOVE YOU! Good job. Cutest little yellow fuzz ball ever! Can't wait for Macey's reaction!

Heather said...

Wow...I am just still stunned someone would have a baby without drugs...I am so proud! Naturally, I will need all the details when you all are home. I am happy that you can stay by Henry...it just would feel too weird to leave the hospital without your little yellow man. Thomas-feel free to throw Macey over the fence. Emma misses her!

Unknown said...

melissa you are incredible! I'm sure it stinks to see little Henry in the blue tube, but like you said, it's so common. If i might ask how long were you pushing for? and Does Henry have any head hickies? Just a little theory I'm working on. Again, You are wonderwoman and I can't wait to meet Henry! I just love saying his name!

Judy said...

Way to go! Both our boys had jaundice bad enough to be on lights for a while. I'm glad you can stay there with him...it's definitely super stressful to have to run back and forth. I'm sure Macey will just adore him!

Sarah said...

Hey add me to the meal list!! I am so sorry you haven't seen Macey yet. I bet you are dying. That was the hardest part about #2 for me, missing Andie. (IT's all balanced out...and it did quickly. It was rough for me that first week though.) I didn't know a baby could stay in the hospital for jaundice. Wow. But it sounds like they are taking good care of him. Hospitals are really amazing. Enjoy the "motel" and thanks for the update. Lots of love to you!!!!!!!

clarsen said...

I bet Henry loves his tanning bed! Jonas sure did! I bet you are so excited for Macey to meet him and I know she will love him too! Can I bring dinner to you on Tuesday or Wednesday night? I can't wait for you to be home too, we miss you guys. We were at the park today and Jonas asked over and over again for Macey!

Holly said...

Thanks for the update! Our prayers are with you and little Henry. I'm so glad you are able to room in at the hospital...hopefully it won't be for long. I'm glad you're still able to feed him and everything, even if it isn't quite the ideal situation. Hang in there! You are the most positive person I know. Wish we were there to help somehow!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! Henry is one good-looking kid. Emily had jaundice too and needed lights. And by the way, GREAT job on getting ready for the baby! And just in time!