Friday, May 27, 2011

Not so fast...

Well I feel like we are repeating Henry's hospital stay all over again-

We were all packed and ready to leave while they finished paper work, hearing test ect.  They then got his billiruben test back and he's off the chart!  So now my baby is in the level 2 nursery under lights, Thomas went to his mom' to be with the kids and I am still here.  The room is empty, my baby isn't with me, I just get to go and nurse every few hours.

I'll be the first to admit this isn't ideal.  I had a good cry with my mom on the phone and am ready to get this baby well so we can go home.  I was so close to going home with a healthy baby!

The Dr. started throwing out words like "genetic blood disorder..." which makes no woman who is 24 hours post birth feel nice.  And of course with a long weekend not much will be done until later, so wish me luck and Kimball health.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Oh no! I am so, so sorry! Hang in there. You'll all be in our prayers. Post pregnancy hormones plus being alone without your baby is so hard. Sending you our love!

Veronika said...

Good Luck Melissa! From the pictures he looks beautiful!! I'm sure you will have him home in no time!

Michelle said...

Hang in there! Remember that you just had a baby so give yourself an emotional break. Watch some shows on hulu and spend time holding his hand in the nursery. You'll be out of there soon!

Unknown said...

you won't be there long! We're pulling for you and Kimball to get out of there!!!!!!!

Simonds Family said...

We'll keep you guys in our prayers! You are right, hearing that there is anything not going smoothly with your baby can be so scary and difficult. But you are a strong mama and Kimball is going to be one well taken care of little guy!

Niki said...

I had one rough night in the hospital completely alone. Bless your heart. I hope he is healthy soon so you both can break out of there!

Rob and Marseille said...

I was at your old apt today, having a bbq w/Janine & she said you were giving birth in Provo. Do you want visitors??? I would love to come see you if you are bored! (sounds like a good sunday activity, right?)